What is CF?
CF stands for Concealed Fastening, which is Metrotile’s premium and innovative roofing product line. This system offers genuine roof water tightness, faster installation times and can be installed direct-to-deck or on battens.
Key features of our CF Profiles:
- True concealed fastening
- Innovative interlocking panels, creating a seamless look.
- International test reports
- New Zealand ZINACLUME Steel
- The fastest and easiest stone-coated steel panel system to install on the market
Our CF range uses the esteemed method of concealed fastening to affix panels to the roof. As the diagram to the right shows, the back-fastening tab of the first panel (black) folds over itself, which provides strength and a secure area to fasten the next panel. The next panel (red) slides up and interlocks, completely concealing the fasteners to ensure they are not exposed to the weather, increasing their serviceable life.
Roofing professionals and Architects are drawn to our CF profiles as there are currently no other products like it on the market. While other brands may claim their fastening systems are covered or hidden, they actually leave gaps meaning that your fastenings are still exposed to the elements.
BENEFITS OF THE CF SHINGLE FASTENING SYSTEM
If you're looking at products to build a new home, here are the more advantageous features of our Concealed Fastening systems:
- Durable and long lasting. Like our standard profiles, our CF profiles are designed to last and endure even the harshest weather conditions.
- Environmentally friendly. Unlike Asphalt Shingles which are a petroleum or fiberglass based product, our CF panels are 100% recyclable.
- Can be installed even in extreme weather. Because our products are made of steel, it will not expand, contract, or crack at below freezing temperatures, or during extreme temperature fluctuations.
- Provides sound protection from external noise by allowing for a direct-to-deck installation.
- Class A fire rating. Constructed from 100% New Zealand sourced steel and natural stone granules, our CF products offers superior protection against potential penetration and spread in case of fire.
- Class 4 impact rating.
- Engineered and manufactured to meet the most stringent wind resistance tests in the industry. Our CF profiles are able to withstand hurricane-force winds of up to 190kph.